Somehow I neglected to mention this: NaviSet Transfer supports the 2018 Autodesk Suite now. If you don’t have it yet, feel free to visit the download page again. You’ll find it there.
If you’ve lost the download link, and the plugin isn’t telling you that there’s an update (which it probably won’t because I didn’t change the version number), click the Quick Start Guide button in the About window, and erase the PDF file name from the web address it takes you to.
NaviSet Transfer 220.127.116.11 is now available! I’ve finally resolved the big language pack bug and also increased the speed of the Set export by an order of a magnitude – what would take an hour now takes merely a minute.
An old issue with the timeline import script has also been fixed, so there’s no more need to run it twice to get around the undefined dialog error.
There’s still room for improvement, especially with the Max scripts, so I’ll be working on this more consistently for a while to get it where I want it to be. In the mean time, the plugin is back on sale and temporarily discounted to $10.
Recursion is super useful and super tricky.
Prior to this, the plugin would export an element ID twice for each element. It’s the result of not using an else after an if statement within a recursive method. This wasn’t a big deal because it happened after I fixed a bug that caused it not to export all IDs to begin with. At the time, more was an improvement, even if it was too much.
I decided to fix that while working on the big language bug I posted about earlier. When I release the next version, in addition to working with all Navisworks language packs, your set files will come out smaller and load faster.
The bulk of the work was done tonight.
You know those tabs in your Property window? They have different names depending on the language your software’s running. The file itself can also be a factor, as you might have noticed if you’ve ever attached a Revit exported NWC file saved while Revit is running a different language. Individual properties also work this way.
These properties sit within a list array, but I couldn’t use their numbers because they’re in a different place depending on factors I don’t understand yet. For instance, Element ID is not just the 5th tab from the left. In the file, it’s literally , starting from 0, making it the 5th entry. But sometimes it’s not the 5th. Meaning that using this number won’t always work. Thus, I chose to search for the DisplayName string instead.
As of tonight, instead of just looking for English words, the code also looks for French words. This was trickier than expected because I had to account for mixed language cases caused by mixed files and software, but I figured it out.
The bug will be completely fixed soon. It’s just a matter of installing different language packs, experimenting, and entering strings. Once I have all of them entered I’ll put the plugin back up for download.
The plugin does not work with the non-English versions of the Autodesk Suite. I knew about the problem and posted about it.
Over time, that post was buried, and a few people from outside of the US bought the plugin and were unable to use it. Some of them have received refunds… I really shouldn’t have put fixing that off.
If you’re one of the people outside of the US and UK who’ve had trouble with the plugin, please let me know by leaving a comment below. I’ll issue a full refund to those who request it.
The new release is done! The 1.19 guinea pigs should get the update alert from within the plugin itself and a link to the download page. Everyone else will get an email from me in the next few days.
I’ve added the ability for the plugin to know when it’s been updated. This is great, because I’ll no-longer have to email users directly to let them know about a newly released version.
I’m currently hunting down little issues and patching them up before the next release. The plugin works perfectly under perfect circumstances, but where it went wrong was in the handling of imperfect scenarios- how it handled non-Revit files for instance.
Unless it’s from a Revit or NWC file elements won’t get recorded. If the entire set is from these non-compatible files, it’s simply left empty. This can be a problem for the unsuspecting user, so I’ve added a message box to alert them when it happens.
I should be done looking for problems like this by tomorrow night. After that I’ll improve the documentation and release the new version of the plugin.
Wow it’s been over half a year since my last update. It’s also been several months since I replied to any posts made here.
I didn’t usually get many posts, so I wasn’t expect them, and WP wasn’t notifying me that they were being made. I respond to purchases because Paypal has a problem forwarding people, but no problem alerting me. Therefore I sent links manually, but didn’t see the posts here, including posts from those who needed help!
So first, I must apologize for not responding to your posts until now. Though I’ll be more attentive to the site going forward, I suggest that you send any questions to my email address, which you’ll receive when I respond to a purchase with the download link.
As for new plugin updates, this is what I have so far: NaviSet Export and Timeliner Export are now unified into one plugin, NaviSet Transfer, complete with it’s own custom tab.
I plan to make a few more additional improvements before uploading it. I just want you all to know that I didn’t forget about you or the plugin.
2017 NaviSet plugins are available now. If you lost your download link just send me an email and I can get that to you. Future versions will handle updates internally.
Also, the TimelinerSet script will no-longer delete your camera keys when you click the “Clear Existing Keys” button. I figured that was a bit annoying and that people just wanted to clear their building animation keys.