Monthly Archives: April 2017

NaviSet Transfer 1.2.4.9

NaviSet Transfer 1.2.4.9 is now available! I’ve finally resolved the big language pack bug and also increased the speed of the Set export by an order of a magnitude – what would take an hour now takes merely a minute.

An old issue with the timeline import script has also been fixed, so there’s no more need to run it twice to get around the undefined dialog error.

There’s still room for improvement, especially with the Max scripts, so I’ll be working on this more consistently for a while to get it where I want it to be. In the mean time, the plugin is back on sale and temporarily discounted to $10.

NaviSet Transfer: ID Duplication Bug Fixed

Recursion is super useful and super tricky.

Prior to this, the plugin would export an element ID twice for each element. It’s the result of not using an else after an if statement within a recursive method. This wasn’t a big deal because it happened after I fixed a bug that caused it not to export all IDs to begin with. At the time, more was an improvement, even if it was too much.

I decided to fix that while working on the big language bug I posted about earlier. When I release the next version, in addition to working with all Navisworks language packs, your set files will come out smaller and load faster.

NaviSet Transfer: Non-English Bug Progress

The bulk of the work was done tonight.

You know those tabs in your Property window? They have different names depending on the language your software’s running. The file itself can also be a factor, as you might have noticed if you’ve ever attached a Revit exported NWC file saved while Revit is running a different language. Individual properties also work this way.

These properties sit within a list array, but I couldn’t use their numbers because they’re in a different place depending on factors I don’t understand yet. For instance, Element ID is not just the 5th tab from the left. In the file, it’s literally [4], starting from 0, making it the 5th entry. But sometimes it’s not the 5th. Meaning that using this number won’t always work. Thus, I chose to search for the DisplayName string instead.

As of tonight, instead of just looking for English words, the code also looks for French words. This was trickier than expected because I had to account for mixed language cases caused by mixed files and software, but I figured it out.

The bug will be completely fixed soon. It’s just a matter of installing different language packs, experimenting, and entering strings. Once I have all of them entered I’ll put the plugin back up for download.

Plugin Taken Down Temporarily

The plugin does not work with the non-English versions of the Autodesk Suite. I knew about the problem and posted about it.

Over time, that post was buried, and a few people from outside of the US bought the plugin and were unable to use it. Some of them have received refunds… I really shouldn’t have put fixing that off.

If you’re one of the people outside of the US and UK who’ve had trouble with the plugin, please let me know by leaving a comment below. I’ll issue a full refund to those who request it.